2019-03-01: Riemann: works
2019-02-09: Aulin: VC2
2019-02-08: Heiss: VC
2019-01-10: Geissler: VC1
2019-01-07: Marteau: Coelum
2019-01-07: Cliquet-Pleyel: PC
2018-12-20: Marteau: Andante
2018-12-19: Massimo: Sancto
2018-11-29: Verley: Sclava
2018-11-15: Otsa: VC
2018-11-13: Eitan: VC
2018-11-11: Nilson Fysher
Sometimes I buy larger manuscript or score collections with my only interest in a few specific items. That leaves other items over and in some cases these leftovers are interesting, rare or precious documents, but nevertheless don't fit to my research and collections. Then I would like to find a better home for these items and sell them here. If you are interested in any of these items, please send me a message via my contact page.
Autographs, signed scores, unusual items
1) Official program of a concert at the Argentinian Embassy in Rio de Janeiro on 21 October 1948. 8vo, folded, on thick cardboard, printed by "Papelaria Paul Nathan - Rio". Performers at the concert were Wanda Werminska, Eduardo Cittanti, Elizabeth Thompson and Otto Jordan.
2) Hannivoort, Hendrik Willem: String quartet. Study score. Paris: Maurice Senart 1925, 49 pages. With autograph dedication to Ernst Schwanzara, undated. 49 pages
3) Weiner, Stanley: Sonatina for violin and piano op.69. Berlin: Bote & Bock 1977, 26 pages + 11 pages violin part. With autograph dedication to his "friend Hedi", dated April 1978.
4) (Wolfsohn, Georg) - Opfer, Fanny: Abends, wann der Regen fällt. Autograph music manuscript by the soprano Fanny Opfer (1870-1944) of the original composition by Georg Wolfsohn, dated 1934. 4 pages.
5) Badings, Henk: postcard with copy of handwritten small song composition by Henk Badings for his friends (words: "with all good wishes and warmest greetings from Henk and Hetty Badings this fourpart canon ad infinitum is resounding."). Verso an autograph signature by Henk Badings. Postcard is addresses to the violinist Wolfgang Rösch. Obviously an unpublished composition by Badings, so quite interesting.
6) Foss, Lukas: Autograph Musical Quotation signed from the composition "Time cycle". Eight measures on 8vo.
7) Goepfart, Karl: Legende - Ballade für Männerchor a cappella. Potsdam: Verlag Kaiser-Wilhelm-Straße 13 II, 5. Auflage. 6 pages, 4vo. Autograph dedication and signature on the front cover.
8) Reiff, Friedrich (1821-1885): Festlied zur fünften Stiftungsfeier des Freien Deutschen Hochstiftes, für Männerchor. Autograph music manuscript of the composition, published by Christian Friedrich Will in Darmstadt in 1864.
9) Guy d'Auberval (pseudonym of Aloysio de Castro, 1881-1959): Enchantement, for voice and piano. Rio de Janeiro: Casa Bevilacqua 1929, 2nd edition. Autograph signature of the composer with his real name on the front cover.
10) Rövenstrunck, Bernhard: Divertimento, for flute and guitar. private copy of the autograph manuscript, leporello fold, 8 pages. With autograph dedication by the composer to the performers of the premiere: Gabriele Zimmermann (flute) and Barbara Polasek (guitar). With owner stamp of Gabriele Zimmermann and her personal markings inside the score.
11) Tittel, Ernst: Deutsches Te Deum op.9a. Düsseldorf: Schwann. With autograph dedication on the front page to Prof. Dr. Franz Kosch, dated 9.3.1939
12) Landowski, Marcel: L'Opera de Poussiere - Drama lyrique. Piano reduction. Paris: Choudens 1960. 201 pages. With autograph dedication by Marcel Landowski, undated.
13) Maasz, Gerhard: Divertimento, for flute, 2 violins, viola and cello. Hamburg: Sikorski 1955. 12 pages + parts for flute, violin I, violin II, viola and cello. With autograph dedication by Gerhard Massz to flutist Gabriele Zimmermann, dated Christmas 1955
14) Maasz, Gerhard: Concertino for flute, violin, cello and harpsichord. Kassel: Bärenreiter 1960. 23 pages + parts for flute, violin and cello. With autograph dedication by Gerhard Maasz to flutist Gabriele Zimmermann, dated Christmas 1960.
15) Eisenmann, Will: Ballade I op. 53 and Ballade II op.74, both for flute and piano. Handwritten fair copies in the hand of the second wife Eva of the composer. The Ballade II has also an autograph dedication by Will Eisenmann to Gabriele Zimmermann. 5 pages + part (Ballade I) and 8 pages + part (Ballade II)
16) Döhl, Friedhelm: Cubecracks, for 4 percussionsts. Private copy of the score, unbound. With autograph dedication by Friedhelm Döhl, dated 1.9.1996.
17) Sonninen, Ahti: Collection of six signed scores. All scores were dedicated to Marketta Benn (nee Ormala) (and later also to her husband John Benn) and span a period of more than 2 decades. The set includes:
18) Tolonen, Jouko: From Sibelius to the Present. Typoscript of a text about the Finnish composers since Sibelius to the last composers which here is Einojuhani Rautavaara and Usko Meriläinen. 5 pages. The text is not signed and I don't know if and where it was published.
19) Schönfelder, Gerd (director of the Semperoper from 1984 to 1990): Handwritten letter to the conductor Sir Colin Davis from 7 February 1988. Topic is the interest of Colin Davis about Charlotte von Kalb and Friedrich Schiller. Schönfelder included a statement of Jürgen Förster from the "Nationale Forschungs- und Gedenkstätten Weimar" about this topic.
20) Wieniawski Violin Competition 1972: Official program of the competition, 143 pages with biographies of all jury members, involved conductors and participants. Several pages bear the autograph of the person, i.e.
21) Kronold, Hans: autograph note with signature to an unknown recipient: "In remembrance of the excellent accompaniments at the service." Dated 5 October 1903
22) study score of Mozart's piano concerto KV 467 (published by Edition Eulenburg EE 3826, 1972) with autograph inscriptions of the pianists Emanuel Ax, Eugene Istomin, Walter Klien and Louis Lortie to former Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra board chairman Frank Stewart.
23) study score of Shostakovich's piano concerto No.2 op. 102 (published by Boosey & Hawkes HPS 796) with an autograph inscription by pianist Alexander Toradze to former Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra board chairman Frank Stewart.
24) study score of Beethoven's piano concerto No.3 op. 37 (published by Henle Verlag) with autograph inscriptions by the pianists Imogen Cooper and Olli Mustonen to former Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra board chairman Frank Stewart.
25) Rorem, Ned: collection of three items all inscribed to Frank Stewart, the former Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra board chairman:
26) Khrennikov, Tikhon: signed score of his 2nd piano concerto op.21. The piano concerto No.2 was composed in 1971, the piano reduction published by Soviet Composer in 1973. The handwritten inscription by Khrennikov is dated 14.05.1974.
1) Rihm, Wolfgang: Symphony No.3. Full score. Wien: Universal Edition UE 16765, 1978. 119 pages. Good.
2) Vogel, Ernst: Zweites Streichquartett (1961). Self-published by the composer VE 57. Full score and 4 parts. Browned outside, otherwise good.
3) Vogel, Ernst: Moira – Musik für Streicher (1976). Self-published by the composer (59 pages) with inlaid copies of a text about the construction of the composition and the used twelve-tone rows (both copies of the handwritten autographs) as well as a typed text about the personal importance of the work (death of son). Additionally: The later published full score from Doblinger, that doesn't contain the three inlaid documents. Good.
4) Vogel, Ernst: Spiel und Zwischenpiel für Blechbläser und Orgel (1977). Self-published by the composer, 77 pages. Only the excerpt „Zwischenspiel“ was published by Doblinger, the complete work remains unpublished. Good.
5) Lechthaler, Josef: Freundliche Abendmusik – Trio für Flöte, Klarinette und Gitarre op.53. Augsburg: Anton Böhm & Sohn 9248. 32 pages. ull score, no parts. Good.
6) Lechthaler, Josef: Der Herr, mein Schild – Kantate nach deutschen Chorälen für gemischten Chor, Knabenstimmen, Orchester und Orgel op.35. Piano reduction. Augsburg: Anton Böhm & Sohn 8207, 1934. 32 pages + 8 pages each for parts of soprano, alto, tenor and bass as well as 4 pages boys choir. Good
7) Lechthaler, Josef: Feuersprüche – Deutsche Kantate nach Worten von Ernst Ludwig Schellenberg op.52. Piano reduction. Augsburg: Anton Böhm & Sohn 9174, 1942. 58 pages. Good.
8) Lechthaler, Josef: Inssbruck, ich muss dich lassen, for men's chorus. Augsburg: Anton Böhm & Sohn 8747, 1937. 5 pages.
9) Zetter, Hans Georg: 6 Lieder. Wien: Europäischer Verlag. 16 pages
10) Sonninen, Ahti: 7 songs on Hungarian folk poems, for voice and piano op.14. Issue I + II (9 + 11 pages). Helsinki: Westerlund. Good condition.
11) Palmgren, Selim: 12 Finnish folk songs, for voice and piano. Helsinki: Westerlund. 25 pages. Good condition.
12) Rautavaara, Einojuhani: Pelimannit, for piano op.1. Private copy of the autograph manuscript written on Juilliard School of Music paper in 1953. 13 pages, good condition.